Each year, individuals and groups of people visit SAM Ministries’ work in Mozambique so they can experience the different setting, culture, and contribute toward our ongoing projects.
*Please be aware that currently (2020-2021), COVID restrictions and requirements, which are very fluid, have had an impact on travel routing, entrance permission and requirements. Information contained in this section does not include these changes. If you choose to visit during this time, we will do our best to inform you or help you find the information you need to plan your trip. (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Since there are many opportunities for contributing to the work, we urge volunteers to be willing to contribute in any way they may be needed. Although we try to match skills to a particular job, sometimes all that is needed is an extra pair of hands for work.
If you would like to volunteer, please start by reading more about who we are in our:
If your interest is in volunteering for SAM Ministries’ home office (Canada), please contact us.
If you are interested in doing a short-term of service in Mozambique, please click the link below and read the information available to better acquaint yourself with what we do and what is involved for you as a short-term visitor. If you need more information, or still have questions after reviewing this information, please contact us.
*In considering a short-term trip, please keep the following points in mind:
- We ask that you plan your trip at least 12 months in advance. This not only helps secure your booking date but also gives us (and you) the necessary time to prepare adequately.
- Visitors must be 18 years old and over if coming on their own. An adult who assumes responsibility for them must accompany visitors under 18.
- Due to visitor’s visa constraints, visits must be for less than 30 days.
- Because we serve in developing countries, comfortable living conditions, availability of certain goods, and provision of quality health services cannot be guaranteed because they are often simply not available. But we do invite you to come and trust God with us under these unique circumstances.
- We will give as much time as possible to helping you settle in, adjust and get involved in mission activities, but ongoing projects tend to keep us quite busy. Please come prepared to be as self-reliant as possible.