Mission, Vision and Values
The mission of SAM Ministries is to love God and love people so they have a chance to love God and love People. Jesus made it clear that this was God’s “greatest” or most important commandment, and so reflects His greatest desire for mankind.
We believe that this most important command expresses both the purpose for Jesus’ great commission in Matthew 28:18-20, and also the process for this great commission. The purpose for Christ’s coming, and His commission, is so that the relationship between God and man is restored. The only effective process to achieving this is an expression of love for people that simply refuses to give up on them.
Uncompromising love for God and unconditional love for people is both God’s greatest desire and life’s greatest pursuit.
Our vision is to empower people by addressing their spiritual, educational, emotional and physical needs, resulting in whole people who are equipped to reach and teach their own people. This is accomplished through a variety of contextually relevant ministries that address a broad range of needs and help to achieve the vision.
Our Primary Strategy
We believe that the Church is the hope of the world and our strategy is to see local leadership empowered and relevant, Biblically honest, local expressions of Christ’s body (the local church) multiplied in close proximity to every man, woman and child in our sphere of influence.
The following represents the values SAM Ministries holds in high regard. Our statement of faith reflects what we believe, our values determine how we behave and respond to the challenges and opportunities we face.
- “Committed to Serve” is our motto and our commitment. Mark 10:45
- Committed to relationship with God and with one another.
- Personal growth in both character and competency.
- Faith to attempt greater things and expect greater things.
- Total dependence on God and His Holy Spirit to accomplish the impossible in and through us.
- Persistence and patience in the face of perceived overwhelming odds. We choose to move forward with the unrelenting drive of a Father seeking His lost children.
- Compassion and love that practically communicates the reality of the Father’s heart for His children; those for whom He laid down His life!
- Excellence in everything. We strive to represent the most important and critical task in the history of the world in a way that reflects its importance.
- Sensitivity to the real and felt needs of the people we work with, as well as those we are called to serve.
- Accountability to, and integration into, the local church. We maintain a high regard and respect for the local church and her leadership and wherever possible act to encourage, enable and empower her mission.