How to Give
You can donate to SAM Ministries in a variety of ways, through one-time gifts, regular monthly giving, or planned giving. Donations can be given either online or by check. Gifts can be designated to specific ministries, current projects, or where needed most. Gifts designated to “Where Needed Most” help us meet the current, most urgent needs.
Thank you for partnering with us to love people and empower them to love others. Every gift no matter how small can make a difference to those we serve.
You may make a one-time gift online or set up a monthly donation which can be changed at any time. You may also set up a giving account that you can access to track all your donations over a year.
Online Donations (Canada)
Online One-Time Donation
To give a one time gift, simply click the menu option of your choice in the right sidebar menu.
Online Monthly Donation
To give a monthly donation, click here on Monthly Donation, or select your preferred option in the top right sidebar menu. This will open the Canada Helps donation page.
- Step 1: Select “Donate Monthly”.
- Step 2: Enter donation amount.
- Step 3: In the “Message/instructions” box:
- State the program or project you would like to give to.
- If you are sponsoring a child, please specify your desired location (Brazil or Mozambique).
- If you have a preference for a particular age or gender, you may enter that as well.
- Step 4: Provide details (you will need to create an account for monthly donations).
- Step 5: Select payment method and finalize transaction.
Donation by Check
Open A check or post-dated checks can be mailed to our office. Please do not write designation on the check itself, but include the information on a separate note. Send check along with note to:
SAM Ministries Inc.
Canada, T6K 3R9
Please note: SAM Ministries issues receipts for tax purposes for all donations that are mailed directly to our office. These receipts are posted once a year in time for your tax return.
American (U.S.) DonorsOpen
Online Donations (U.S.A.):
Online donations are given through City Church’s Secure Transfer online giving page. Simply go to the City Church giving page now by clicking here. (But before you do read the 5 points below)
- Fill out the information requested.
- Click the “Missions” box.
- In the box called “Additional Comments and Questions related to this donation,” write “SAM Ministries” and then specify the project or program you are giving toward.
- Confirm and authorize your donation.
- Print your receipt
Donating by check (by mail):
Make check out to “City Church” and include a memo clearly stating “SAM Ministries” and indicate the program your gift is to go toward.
Send checks to:
Attention: Nancy Van Maren
4909 E. Buckeye Road
Madison, WI 53716
Please make sure you include a note specifying your donation is for SAM Ministries Missions and any information you wish to communicate about the donation.
It is often difficult to look ahead to the time of our passing.
- What plans have we made?
- Are our loved ones adequately taken care of?
- Are there interests or passions that we have and we should really consider?
SAMM would like to challenge you and thank you for looking past the todays of our lives. We thank you for your interest in helping to plan for an ongoing future where your legacy gifts can make a true difference .We are confident that you are already assisting SAM Ministries in many ways. With this additional step we would like to invite you to join us and invest in lives in another way!
The lives we invest in are the only investment that really brings transformation and change to our world and the only investment that outlasts us. Someone once said, “Changing circumstances sometimes changes people, but changed people ALWAYS change circumstances”. This is the kind of change worth investing in.
Choose a Planned Giving Strategy
The following suggestions are only some of the examples of how you can leave a legacy after you have passed. They will help guide you as you consider how to ensure that your assets help others into the future. If you already support SAM Ministries, you can continue in the legacy you have already helped to build over the years through your prayer and generous, faithful support. If you are new to our work, you will have the chance to join our team and be a part of the legacy we are all living and will be leaving in the form of changed lives that will be used by God to change other lives.
- Leave a gift in your will or estate plan.
- Leave a specific dollar amount or a percentage of your assets to SAM Ministries.
- Consider using assets for your gift such as a gift of real estate or personal property that could be used or sold for changing lives.
- Name SAM Ministries as the beneficiary of your RRSP, RRIF, pension plan or as the beneficiary of an existing life insurance policy.
- Purchase a new life insurance policy naming SAM ministries as the beneficiary.
- Remember loved ones with memorial gifts.
- Encourage family and friends to leave gifts to SAM Ministries in their wills.
Prepare Your Will
We strongly encourage everyone to prepare a will. Without a will, your estate (property and finances) are settled according to federal and provincial laws which often may not be according to your wishes. By preparing a will, you ensure that your estate goes to precisely who you wish to see benefited by it. Your will would address any obligations, family needs, spouse or others financial well being. It can also address any planned legacy gift that you may want to make. This way you can plan a gift to SAM Ministries that will only take effect after your obligations have ceased – it addresses your plan and your concerns for others.
You can plan to leave a gift of any size from your estate, and it means a great deal to those who receive the help. This is a serious decision but one you will not regret. You may want some suggestions about how this can be done simply. We would encourage you to think about your decision and pray about what it is you want to leave as a lasting legacy of your life and commitment to missions.
We would be pleased to talk to you further about this – no pressure from us, no commitment on your part. Please click here to contact us.
We would also suggest using the services of a professional (a financial planner, lawyer, accountant or life insurance agent). Any of these can provide advice, help you leave a gift, and can tell you about the tax benefits of doing so.
It is important to know that by using your will as a valuable tool to direct your future legacy, it also maintains your complete control and flexibility to change beneficiaries if your family’s needs change during your lifetime.
If you would like to include, or have already included, a gift to SAM Ministries, please contact us so we can be aware of your desires.